Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sibling Love

Ask a question and expect any answer. Tonight as we were sitting around the dinner table with Ella nestled in my lap and sitting opposite Mike and Sam, I asked her if she liked having a baby brother. She said, "Yes. (Long Pause) I want a new baby brother."

Uh, wait a minute. What did she say?
Mike and I chuckled, and he asked her what was wrong with Sam. She never answered just restated her desire for a new brother. Mike asked if she liked Sam, and she answered yes, and then hopped from my lap to swing over to Sam's side of the table where she proceeded to extract large laughs from the little guy.

I'm glad to know she likes being a big sister. Now I have to decide if she either wants to turn him for a younger model or only wants to expand the family. Personally, I like the 1:1 ratio and am comfortable keeping it that way.

No comments: