Sunday, November 02, 2008

My November Challenge

I decided to accept the NaBloPoMo challenge, which is to blog every day for one month. I know I am crazy, but I do love a challenge. Perhaps it is ill timing with how crazy our life is, but then maybe the insanity that is our life will give me plenty of material. I suspect some days the posts will be quite short like tonight and other days the words will flow more freely.

E alone can provide plenty of good content. In the span of a few seconds, she managed to utter some humorous gems this evening. As we were preparing to leaving the grandparent's house, Ella's boundless energy had her speaking in rapid, indiscernible nonsense. Remember Roger Rabbit, that was my girl tonight. Once her energy levels stabilized, she walked over to the front door, turned around and said, "Let's get out of here." Thank goodness her grandparents are so good natured. After all, they had spent the last 2 1/2 days spoiling her.

After that comment, I asked Ella if she remembered where she lived (we have been working on reciting our address). I so did not get the answer I expected. Instead Ella uttered, "daycare." While I chuckled, I did not find that comment as funny as the first. Love the working mom guilt.

More importantly, I love being back with my kids. It was a LONG weekend.

No comments: