Saturday, March 29, 2008

Eviction Notice

The boy has been put on notice by my doctor. If nothing happens by Thursday evening, I am to report to the hospital at 8 pm to get the process started. Full on induction would begin Friday morning, meaning sometime on 4/4 the boy should make his appearance.

My doc thinks there is a distinct possibility and probability that I will have to be induced to get this guy to greet the world. I am not experiencing any contractions and my body and the boy don't seem to be preparing for labor. I did a non-stress test at my appointment just to check in on baby boy and he passed the test with flying colors. My doc expects him to end up between 7 1/2 to 8 lbs.

It's crazy to know I have a definite end date. In the prep department, progress is steadily being made. I wrote a massive list of things I would like to see accomplished before he comes. Mike's only comment was "I am amazed and how your brain works." We tackled quite a few tasks today and tomorrow should be another productive day. What doesn't get done, doesn't get done.

The little guy was showered with some goodies early today as I was the honored guest at a low-key but fun baby shower. Ella tagged along at this "party for girls only" and she was so well-behaved and helpful. She even got a few gifts just for being the big sister. Some of the items for baby boy were completely impractical -- like an adorable blue bow tie and sweater vest (separate outfits), but that was the fun of the shower. After today, this should be one well-dressed kid.

No comments: