Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Where Do the Days Go?

I never know what day of the week it is. The days run together and are a blur of diaper changes, feedings, pumpings and short sleep sessions. I am using this time to bond with Sam, but I put this pressure on myself to also be productive. I figure since I'm home all day I should be able to accomplish a few tasks in addition to having the house cleaned and cooking dinner. (I would love to add exercise to that list, but it hasn't happened yet.) Right now my definition of a productive day is if I get one load of laundry started and maybe moved to the dryer. Put away? Hardly, that almost always takes a few days. So the laundry sits, maybe folded but usually not, in the laundry basket for a few days before it annoys me enough to tackle it. The primary reason for this internal pressure is starting next week Ella will be home with Sam and I on MWF, and Ella knows how to destroy the house in a matter of minutes. I have doubts I'll be able to keep up with her much less keep her engaged.

My to-do list includes practical tasks like updating Quicken to packing up my maternity clothing to those that fall under the "gees it would be nice to do" such as cleaning and re-organizing closets, cabinets and the pantry. Instead of crossing off items, and oh how I love to cross off items, I only keep adding to the list. One big, pending item on my list is Sam's birth announcement. Sam is almost a month old and I have yet to finish his birth announcement. Ugh, I swear each evening that I'll finish it the next day, and still I make that promise to myself each day. A few friends have encouraged me to skip it, but I am proud to announce his birth. So, why haven't I found time to tackle it? Tomorrow, I swear, I will take the time to do it but without sacrificing time with Sam. It's one day at a time, right?

No comments: