Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Too Tired to Blog

I didn't realize a week has almost passed since I last blogged. I have been too tired to put together any real coherent thoughts. (Sam's best stretch at night has been 3 1/2 hours. His standard is about 2 1/2 hours) There certainly has been plenty of blog worthy moments in the past week. If I had more time, I would write about:

*How my baby girl will change her own dirty pull-up, including flushing the poop in the toilet. I was in the process of changing Sam's diaper when Ella announced she was poopy. I told her as soon as I had changed Sam that I would help her. As I was finishing with Sam, I heard the toilet flush and Ella announce she was done. I ran into to the bathroom to see the water flushing down but I wasn't sure if the actual poop made it in the bowl. I went into her room and quickly scanned the floor, praying neither of us had accidentally stepped in it. No sign of the actual item, but I found the dirty pull-up complete with water droplets, evidence that she dropped the poop in toilet. Ella was standing in the middle of her room wiping herself and giving me a look of disbelief, like I should know she is more than capable of changing her own pull-up.

*A similar incident occurred a few days later. I thought Ella was still napping when I started to hear noise coming from her room. I peeked my head in, only to see that she had pulled out multiple pull-ups, removed her wet one and had changed her pants. The only problem was she put her pants on first and then the pull-up. It was quite the sight. She was resistant to switching them around, but finally I convinced her.

*With these two incidents, I think official potty training is in the very near future.

*Sam's two-week dr. appointment -- He checked out great -- 7 lbs. 11 oz and 21 inches long. The kid gained 11 ounces in a week. Yes, 11. The doc likes to see an ounce a day, so she was pleased he had gained so much back in one week. I'm not exaggerating when I say that boy has a ferocious appetite. He is basically long and lean, but I suspect he'll start to fatten up and hopefully sleep better.

*How Ella warmed my heart when Sam was crying the other day. He was in the swing when he started to fuss. She came over to him, patted his head and said, "It's okay Sammy. Mommy is here for you." Awww......

*How I turned around and my baby girl is no longer a baby. Having a newborn in the house definitely gives us a whole new perspective on how big Ella is. It's been simple acts this past week that have really driven the fact home. She now swings on the big kid swings at the park. She has to be lifted into them, but she loves to lean back and let her head dangle with nothing but pure joy across her face.

I suspect I'll be saying the same thing about Sam. I don't want him to grown up too fast, but for now, I would just like him to sleep for longer stretches at night. I really don't enjoy being a walking zombie most days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now if little Ella can tell you things "before" they happen in her pull-ups, you'll have it made !!!
Know any spare time you have, you don't want to be spending in front of a computor, but sure was missing hearing any news about my new nephew. Love AC
P.S. I go into blog just about everyday. Love pictures, too. Thanks so much!!