Monday, June 23, 2008

Random Thoughts


Nike Sam
Originally uploaded by mbowling
This photo is for my brother Justin -- hope you enjoy it. I know Sam is making you proud, but he wants to know where his hat is?

As for us, we are trying to squeeze in as much summer fun as we can before Thursday, which is why I haven't blogged much lately. The past few days have been a whirlwind of pool visits, trying new parks, christening our neighborhood's new park, playing with Grandma Pam, picnics, dance recitals, dinner at Fritz's, field trip to DeAnna Rose, etc. Even with these activities, our pace has still been leisurely and fun.

As for me, I'm trying to block out that in two days I return to the corporate world. Sadly, what is one of my biggest worries: what will I wear to work. Pathetic, I know. I thought for sure I would have lost more weight by now, but I haven't, nor have I put forth much effort to try. Guess, I thought it would magically float off, just another breastfeeding myth. Since I don't plan to stay my current size for much longer, the debate is how much clothing should I purchase to get me through the short term. Add to that our budget for clothing and my over abundance of time for shopping means my co-workers can expect to see me donning the same outfits for the next few weeks.

Back to work worries. Of course, I have concerns about projects and the adjustment for both the kids and me. In some ways, it's like starting a new job, but at least I know where the bathroom is and the personalities of the major players. Guess that gives me a slight leg up.

Two days. Two precious days. I plan to make the most of it.

No comments: