Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Dry Day

With more than 14 pairs of underwear purchased -- our character motifs include Dora, Ariel, Cinderella and Strawberry Shortcake, we were ready to embark on the adventure of potty training Ella. Our first few attempts, only for a few hours at a time, always resulted in an accident. Ella knew how it was suppose to work -- "I don't go in my panties", but couldn't seem to get herself to the bathroom in time. I had resigned myself that she wasn't ready, but the appeal of underwear was too much for Ella. She wanted to keep trying, so I reluctantly allowed it.

When she was getting dressed today, she was adamant about wearing panties. She picked a pair of Ariel underwear, and it was the only pair she wore all day. No accidents, although she did change into a pull-up for a nap! She even told me at Kohl's that she needed to use the bathroom. Luckily, she announced it with plenty of time for us to trek to the bathroom.

This was a big day. Mike and I are so proud of her.

No comments: