Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Drop Offs

I hate Monday drop-offs. Yes, I realize today is Tuesday, but for me, it felt like a Monday. I don't enjoy turning my daughter over on a normal day. It's especially hard after spending three relaxing days with her. She doesn't seem to mind, but I hate it. Today, I had to do it twice, since I left her blanket in the car. I love to torture myself.

The emptiness hits hard once I crawl back in the car and my eyes glimpse into the back seat and see an empty spot where my once babbling (okay sometimes screaming) daughter was just a few seconds ago. My heart just falls like a heavy brick. I quickly call Mike for reassurance. He reminds me that Ella is in good hands and it's good for me to go to work. I know he's right. By time I'm settled in front of my computer, I am focused on my work, which helps the day go faster. I never forget about her. Impossible to do as I am surrounded by pictures of her.

Friday will again be here before we know it. We're looking forward to this weekend as we're spending it with Mike & Jen at their lake house. I can't wait to see what Ella thinks of the boat and the water. I'm sure she'll hate the infant life vest. If anything, it will be interesting with two infants, a toddler and two dogs.

No comments: