Monday, September 22, 2008

She Made It

Ella is safely at grandma's house. The trip took longer than expected as Ella needed numerous potty breaks, but they arrived eventually.

Departure time went fairly well. No tears on either end, but I did have to blink back a few tears. It helped that Sam needed a bottle and a nap, so really I didn't have time to dwell on her leaving.

Her itinerary is fairly packed during the next few days. I can't wait to hear about their adventures as she will be making a grand tour to visit numerous family and friends.

I will admit it is quite strange to be in the house without her energy and laughter. Rather than focus on what we are missing, we do plan to treasure this time with Sam and enjoy this little break. By Friday, I will be more than ready to have her back in my arms.

No comments: