Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Sleeping Beauty


Sleeping Beauty
Originally uploaded by mbowling
Can you spot what's wrong in this picture? You may have to look closely. No, it's not the sleeping child who has her faced buried in a book. I will say it again -- the girl loves her books. Look at her pants. Yes, that's right. The pull-up is on OVER the pants, and no, I did not dress her that way. I'm sleep deprived, but lucid enough to realize the pull-up goes on first.

What is so crazy about this scene is I had found her earlier, when she was suppose to be napping, dressed in the same manner with her pull-up on over her pants. I helped her fix the ordering issue, and we talked that the pull-up always goes on first. It's safe to assume that fact didn't stick. She changed herself again because she was dirty. Ella lovingly placed the dirty pull-up right inside the door. She certainly didn't want me to miss it. In the grand scheme of things, I'm thankful she at least got a pull-up on. I can deal with one pair of soiled pants so much easier than the entire bedding set. Oh, how I love my independent little girl and the comic relief she provides.

No comments: