Sunday, June 18, 2006

From Daddy's Little Girl


Daddy and me
Originally uploaded by mbowling.
Happy first Father's Day, daddy.

Thanks for being such an amazing dad. For only being a parent for four months, I'd think you're doing a fabulous job, especially since I can be a bit difficult to figure out sometimes -- I hear I get that trait from my mom. You're definitely setting the standards high for any future boyfriends. Yes, I know I'm not allowed to have one until I'm at least 25.

In a short time, we're created so many wonderful memories. My favorites are the simple moments like being silly with you while we sit on the chaise. Who knew playing our games of touching noses and who has a longer tongue could be so much fun.

A few requests, promise me you'll never stop singing to me -- although you could add some new ones to your set list. I love falling asleep in your arms as you sing me to sleep. Mom was right, there's no better way to fall asleep than on your chest.

We'll work on your fashion sense. You do a good job getting me dressed in the morning, but it's a good thing mom picks out my clothes. Just remind her to also set out my socks as well.

You're made me many promises and pledges, and I won't hold you to every last one. Outside of loving me forever, all I ask is you keep my diaper dry, my belly full and mom sane -- the world seems to spin a little smoother when that happens.

Well dad, I'm dictating this to mom, but she's telling me it's bed time. I have so many wonderful things to say about you, but know above all that I love you so very much and I couldn't have asked for a better dad.

Your little girl

No comments: