Saturday, January 21, 2006

In and Out

Yesterday's appointment was the fastest doctor's appointment I've ever had. I think the doc was in the room for about 2 minutes, if that. If I didn't like her so much, I might have been offended. Her reasoning was she had a back-up of pregnant women and she wanted them out of the office before the bad weather hit, which it never did, but that's another issue.

She measured me and check the baby's heart rate. I don't know what either was because it was such a whirlwind. I figure no news is good news. I go back next week and she promised to give me more time. I actually had lost a pound and my blood pressure was good.

Officially, we have three weeks to go. The baby is staying active and has decided he prefers hanging out on my right-side. I could spend countless hours watching my stomach. I just laugh watching the kid roll around and karate kick me.

I feel like we're fairly prepared for baby. The room is nearly organized (maybe I can get Mike to post a picture or two of how it's come together). The bedding is washed and put together. Mike hung new wood blinds and our curtain rod last weekend. I still need to wash clothes, but I've washed all the blankets, bedding and bath towels. The car seat is in the Vue. All of our shower gifts from last weekend (we were completely spoiled) have been put together and put away.

The baby can't come yet, though. We still need a bit more time, and I really need to make it past the first weekend in February, so my mom can actually be here.

No comments: