Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sam I am


Sam I am
Originally uploaded by mbowling
What a handsome boy. Sam, my sweet, handsome Sam.

I promised myself that I would be asleep by now, and instead I'm writing this. When will I learn?

Tired, exhausted, sleep deprived, overwhelmed, dumfounded describes the past few days in the Bowling household, but it also has been fun. Today was all about the Ps -- Parks, Picnics, Pools and Payton. It was a good day with the minor exception of the incredibly large crowd at the pool. In addition to it being the hottest day of the summer, one of the Shawnee pools was closed thanks to some idiots who broke into the pool we typically frequent. One pool for the entire city, definitely not enough, but we still managed to have a good time.

Sam even dipped his toes in the water. He seemed rather indifferent about his experience.

Overall, the boy is doing well. His torticollis is improving. He was evaluated by a PT, who described it as a minor condition and gave us exercises. He tolerates them as much as he does tummy time. The boy is rolling from his back side to his tummy. He hasn't gone the other way yet.

As for sleep, he is up and down. Some nights, we're up a few times just to reswaddle him and pop in the pacifier. Other nights, he needs a little more comfort and possibly a diaper change and/or a bottle. He is battling a little nasal congestion, so sleep has not come easily for him these past few nights. All the more reason, I should be asleep.

My parting thought, can someone tell me why my lovely daughter who rarely has had an accident since she started wearing underwear a good month ago, has had multiple, multiple accidents these past few days? I really am frustrated and clueless as to why she has regressed.

With that, I'm going to bed.

No comments: