Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My Baby is Sick

My poor baby is sick. She's been running some pretty high temps up to 104. We picked her up yesterday from daycare and took her straight to the doctor. The doctor said she has a severe viral infection in her throat and to treat with Tylenol and lots of TLC.

Last night was pretty rough. After falling asleep at 7:30ish, she was up again at 11:45 and didn't fall back asleep until 3 am when we took her into our bed. She wanted to sleep, but would only do so if she was being held.

Grandma came over to take good care of Ella, so Mike and I could go to work. It was gut wrenching leaving her this morning. She cried for me and tried to reach out to me when I handed her off. She wanted her mommy and I wanted to hold her. I knew she was in good hands, but I wanted to be there for her.

She's doing better today, but still is battling a fever. She's staying with grandma again tomorrow and hopefully will be back in daycare tomorrow. I hope tonight she sleeps better and Mike and I do as well.

No comments: