Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas Conflicts

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I can't believe the end of the year is upon us. How is that possible? I am ready for a few days off of work, and I know Mike and I are ready for some down time.

We are staying in Kansas City for the holiday -- well, we are making a day trip to Fairfax tomorrow, but we're not going to Sioux City. Two reasons, the doc nor I think I should make such a long drive at this stage in the pregnancy, and I'm holding on to my vacation time to use during maternity leave. My mom was sweet and came down for a very quick visit. Brian and she drove down yesterday and have already left this morning. It was hard to say goodbye, but I'm so happy she made the trip. Some time is better than no time. So, while I'm excited for Christmas, my heart is a little heavy knowing I won't see my brothers at this time of the year and I don't know when I'll see them next. I imagine talking to them on Christmas morning may be a touch emotional for me. I'll try to blame the pregnancies hormones.

We're also celebrating a multitude of good news this week. Mike's cousin Kim gave birth to a beautiful baby girl earlier this week. Grace Ann entered this world around 8:30 on Dec. 20. We can't wait to meet her. Mom and baby are doing great.

The other good news is my good friend Kim, who served as my maid of honor, is engaged and floating on Cloud 9. She was so cute on the phone last night. I think the neighbors could hear the excitement through the phone. I think 2006 holds a lot of promise.

No comments: