Friday, December 16, 2005

32 Week Dr. Appointment

The good news is the baby and I are trucking along. The baby's heart rate was 131 and solid. My blood sugar, blood pressure and hemoglobin were great, which means I passed my gestational diabetes test with flying colors. All things that I'm very thankful.

The bad news is the weight keeps piling on faster than the doc or I would like. I'm still going to jazzercise. I try to go 4x a week, but lately it's only been 3x. I park in the furthest spot from the door every morning. I do my prenatal yoga video. I've stayed active during this pregnancy. I've tried to be conscious about what I've eaten. I've never said to myself, "I'm pregnant or I'm eating for two, I can have another cookie, bowl of ice cream, dessert, etc." Now that doesn't mean I haven't eaten those, but not any more than I did before I was pregnant. They are just occasional treats. It's just frustrating because I do believe I've tried and I'll keep trying.

My doctor knows that weight is an issue for me, so as long as I stay active and the rest of the numbers stay in check then my body is going to do what it needs to do for this pregnancy. I have to learn I can't decide where the weight goes. I can only control what goes into my mouth and how active I am. So, I need to watch what and how much I eat and try to hit class more often. Neither of these will be easy. It's hard to ignore the allure of the holiday foods, and working out will become more difficult as I continue to progress, but I'm going to try my darnest to succeed at both.

I've enjoyed being pregnant. I've been so fortunate to have an easy pregnancy so far, so I shouldn't let the weight gain get me down. Sadly, it is though.

No comments: