Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Fashion

Based on the picture, bow ties and Sam don't seem to be a match made in heaven. While he may not enjoyed it, he tolerated the tie through church and long enough for me to snap a picture in the car. Who could blame him? We learned the next day that the poor boy was battling a double ear infection and some digestive issues on Easter Sunday.

Maybe I could have lessened his suffering by skipping the bow tie, but isn't one of the joys of parenting the privilege to dress our children according to our preference? We only have a few years to select our children's clothing, then, if they are like my fashionista, they let it be known quite clearly as to what fits their personal style. I decided early on that clothing was not a battle I intend to fight. My theory is as along as my children are appropriately dressed, then they are free to wear what they want. Luckily for us, E is in the midst of a feminine phase and is always asking if she can wear a dress. I like this stage, I hope it lasts.

No comments: