Friday, March 10, 2006

Family Meeting

Ella gets to meet two more of her uncles this weekend. My brothers, Scott and Matt, are spending the weekend with us. I haven't seen them since Thanksgiving, so I'm excited to have them in KC. I'm can't wait to see my brothers interact with my daughter. Beyond hanging around the house and maybe giving Mike and I the opportunity for a long afternoon nap, the guys plan to hit the auto show and have a meal at Arthur Bryant's. I'm glad they have a few outings planned. Otherwise I fear, they'd get bored just hanging around the house.

Ella and I have gone a few outings. It does us good to get out of the house for a bit. We've been on a few walks, a quick run to the grocery store and a visit to Mike's work. I have a dentist appointment later today, and I'm going without Ella. Our neighbor Liz is coming over to watch Ella for me. This is the third time I've left her. Last Saturday, Mike and I went on a dinner date. It was good for us to spend time alone together, and it was hard to leave her. I surprised myself by not getting emotional. I was certaintly ready to return home though. She was in good hands, Larry and Glenda graciously agreed to babysat for us.

Next week is full of outings as well. We have a doctor's appointment, picture appointment and possibly visiting my work. Plus, we have a handful of visitors scheduled as well. I just can't believe how fast this time is going. Slow down, please.

No comments: