Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!


Santa Sam
Originally uploaded by mbowling
Sorry for the lack of posting. Is anyone still coming to visit? I have been blocked. Each time I would sit down to write something, I would just stare at the screen. It felt like a chore and not something I actually wanted to do, so suprisingly I didn't do it. You could say I have struggled to find the Christmas spirit this season.

Don't fear. There have been many enjoyable moments, but I have been weighed down by the list of things to do and the list of things we didn't do this year.

What does help me get in the Christmas spirit is definitely my kiddos and my goofy, geeky husband. Having children has definitely helped make Christmas more magical. I know come Christmas morning and even later tonight I will be overflowing with the Christmas spirit. The next 36 hours will be quite special. I just hope I survive until then.

I do hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! I plan to enjoy this special Christmas as a family of four and watching my joyful kids (and husband) open their gifts. I can't decide which expression I am looking forward to more -- Ella seeing the bounty that Santa is bringing or Mike when he receives his gift.

No comments: